Sunday 22 January 2012

# 21 Restock Freezer with New 'Healthy' Ready Meals

Who thought payday should be the "third Thursday of the month"?   It is not a good idea.  Waiting five weeks for money after a period that included both Christmas and New Year has been a ridiculous struggle.  Thankfully that third Thursday arrived.

And so on Friday, furnished with enough produce to feed an army (on my way home I had called in to Costco), I set about filling the freezer with homemade oven ready meals.  I got cracking (and chopping, slicing and stirring) at about nine-thirty.  It seemed like a great idea and I was 'in the zone'.  I get like that sometimes.  Ultimately, the plan was flawed - no one could have predicted that I'd be stuffing Cannelloni at one-thirty in the morning, but sometimes that's just the way it is. When I finally made it to bed, it was after two; I'd managed to create the following delights:


  • Sausage Casserole x 2
  • Beef Casserole x 3
  • Thai Green Curry
  • Chicken Tikka Massala
  • Crofter's Chicken
  • Beef Cannelloni
  • Beef Bolognese Pasta Bake x 2
  • Chilli Con Carne x 2


Mostly 'Winter Warmers', nothing out of the Heston school of cookery but it should keep us going, at least for a little while.

In addition to my culinary escapades I've been busily working on # 16 (Sort Out Finances) while I have some money tom burn.  As a result, # 154 (Pay 'Time' Subscription) is done - or at least the envelope with the cheque in has been sent off and # 121 (Check on Student Loan) have both been checked off the 'To Do List'.  However, # 121 threw up some problems of its own, thus creating # 173 (Get Reinstated on the RTL Scheme). I'm not going to go into details (yet) but the SLC have, yet again, proved themselves inadequate and incompetent.

No comments:

Post a Comment